Sunday, April 4, 2010

From Open to Coed

What happens when a bunch of guys who play open get together, recruit some talented women and start playing mixed?

The Polar Bears have just started to come together. We are the budding form of a soon to be proud and beautiful angiosperm. Our roster is not set (I may still be cut as Robot likes to remind me), but we have a strong core of players who are ready to push themselves to the limit for each other.

I love all forms of Ultimate. Open, Mixed, Women's and youth each have a certain knack about them that draws me to watch and/or to participate. I do love mixed Ultimate though. Open Ultimate carries a strong, intense competitive drive to it that can dull that euphoric feeling that comes with playing Ultimate. But combining the sexes onto one team... for some reason, really keeps that euphoria alive.

Here's to the upcoming season of mixed ultimate.

No comments: