Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Final Countdown

With only a week left before I fly into Sarasota, I've been trying to prepare my body and my mind to be at their peaks. That means healthy food, lots of sleep (while waking up early), plenty of throwing, staying psyched up and no alcohol.

Last night was the last night of booze for me until Florida. No matter how cute the girls may be, the dream of winning Nationals is greater. I've been on a high protein diet both yesterday and today. I intend to keep a high protein diet until Saturday night and then I'll switch over to the carbo loading diet. I have tried falling asleep at 8 pm the other night. And wasn't able to fall asleep, tonight I'm crawling into bed before 11:30 pm and my alarm is set for 6:30 am. I intend to throw with both Kwai and Tash this week as much as I can. If they both are busy I'll play disc golf by myself to get throwing in.

I found Robert's copy of I Bleed Black. Watching that, watching Zip's Lei Out footage and great Ultivillage clips should have me dreaming about ultimate more than I already do.

One week is all that remains. I can't improve my skills too much in that week. The thing to focus on here, is my desire to win. My desire will decide how I play.

No comments: