Sunday, June 6, 2010

Post Cal States

The Polar Bears just finished the weekend at Cal States. We came into the tournament seeded 1st and left with a 7th place that felt sour. We went 4-2 with both of our losses coming off of double game point. Two of our four wins also came on dgp, so needless to say, we were disappointed with our play. I'll summarize the weekend on my next post, this post is not for that.

I played poorly this weekend. I felt, as one of the potential anchors to our defense, that I did not play my best game. I pride myself in my defensive ability. I have a strong mark and I stick with my guy tightly. I can shut the best down and get lay out Ds on many as well. But I was unable to do that this weekend.

I arrived at home, drank a full glass of milk and then proceeded to do planks, side planks, leg raises, cycling situps and then topped it all off with 150 crunches and 60 pushups. I am pissed that I was not playing my top game. I love my team, I love my teammates. It is important to them that I give it my all in every tournament, just like it is important for me that they give me their all in every tournament. When I cannot complete this simple task, then I must work harder outside of practice to make it up to them.

I got beat on double game point by a mediocre LA Metro player on a shitty huck. Come next tournament, I will have worked harder than that Metro player. And the result will not be the same. Next time, I will get the D.

No comments: